- 200g chicken, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 350ml coconut water. This can be subtituted with water + sugar + small amount coconut milk
- 300g potatoes, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 100g carrots, cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1/2 onion or 2-3 shallots, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 1 tablespoons annatto seeds
- 4-5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 coffee spoon arrowroot flour
- 1 coffee spoons salt
- 1/2 coffee spoon MSG
- 1/3 coffee spoon sugar
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped into fine pieces
- Marinate the chicken with the salt, sugar, MSG and garlic for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, heat up a frying pan with 4-5 tablespoons of oil until fairly hot. Add the annatto seeds into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until the oil turns red and the annatto seeds become black. Strain the oil through a seive to remove all the annatto seeds. Put the oil in one side.
- Preheat a large pan with 2 tablespoons of oil until very hot. Add the carrots and potatoes into the pan and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove the carrots and potatoes from the pan and put them in a bowl. Now add the chichen into this pan and stir fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the tomato paste, 1 tablespoons of the annatto seeds oil into the pan and stir fry for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and coconut water into the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Add the onion and remaning annatto seeds oil into the pan cook for another 10-15 seconds.
- Mix the arrowroot flour with 1 coffee spoon water. Put this mix into the pan and stir thoroughly.
- Chicken lagu severs well with baguette.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.