I also have written a children fantasy/adventure book called A Journey of Little Croft. It is free and something you can read to pass the time after a delightful meal. You can also email me if you have any questions about cooking or comments on my book. It is my pleasure to share these recipes and knowledges with you guys. Thank you very much and have a great day!!!
- 200g chicken, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 350ml coconut water. This can be subtituted with water + sugar + small amount coconut milk
- 300g potatoes, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 100g carrots, cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1/2 onion or 2-3 shallots, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 1 tablespoons annatto seeds
- 4-5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 coffee spoon arrowroot flour
- 1 coffee spoons salt
- 1/2 coffee spoon MSG
- 1/3 coffee spoon sugar
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped into fine pieces
- Marinate the chicken with the salt, sugar, MSG and garlic for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, heat up a frying pan with 4-5 tablespoons of oil until fairly hot. Add the annatto seeds into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until the oil turns red and the annatto seeds become black. Strain the oil through a seive to remove all the annatto seeds. Put the oil in one side.
- Preheat a large pan with 2 tablespoons of oil until very hot. Add the carrots and potatoes into the pan and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove the carrots and potatoes from the pan and put them in a bowl. Now add the chichen into this pan and stir fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the tomato paste, 1 tablespoons of the annatto seeds oil into the pan and stir fry for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and coconut water into the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Add the onion and remaning annatto seeds oil into the pan cook for another 10-15 seconds.
- Mix the arrowroot flour with 1 coffee spoon water. Put this mix into the pan and stir thoroughly.
- Chicken lagu severs well with baguette.